"Hot Spot" Graphic Map Tools for HTML

Subject: "Hot Spot" Graphic Map Tools for HTML
From: "Alciere, John" <jalciere -at- XYPLEX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:56:00 E

I'm looking for recommendations for tools that generate graphic "hot-spot"
maps to be included in HTML documents. If possible, I'd like to be able to
preview the hot-spot mapping from my PC (which has a web browser but not a
server), rather than have to load it onto a web server.

Blue Sky Software's Help-to-HTMl application can convert hot-spot (SHED)
graphics from Windows help files into GIFs with corresponding map files, but
the mapping only works when the graphic is viewed through a web server.
(The ability to interpret a map file is provided by web servers, but not
browsers.)

Thanks in advance for all replies.

John Alciere
Xyplex, Inc.