Bending the rules

Subject: Bending the rules
From: Matthew Danda <dandam -at- 1STNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:08:06 -0500

To clarify what I meant by "bending the rules" to get a job done:

I need to print a draft manual for a sales meeting that afternoon. I
accidentally printed alternating left-side right-side page numbers, and the
output was laser-printer single-sided sheets. Moral dilemma: do I reprint
the entire manual, and risk delaying the sales meeting, or do I give them a
manual with page numbers that are sometimes on the left, sometimes on the
right?
Well, I recklessly chose to throw aside page-layout considerations and gave
them the misprinted manual. As it turned out, no one noticed or cared. I
"bent the rules" and everything turned out okay. Would I do it again? I
can't say.

Unfortunately, I am too involved in my current projects today to get any
deeper into moral discussions of rules and ethics.

Matt Danda

Matthew Danda
dandam -at- 1stnet -dot- net
Disclaimer? What's that?