Paid Internsips

Subject: Paid Internsips
From: "Daniel E. Wise" <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 21:51:49 -0700

John Gear (or, considering the confirmation thread on this group,
someone who purports to be John Gear) makes a big point about
internships not being paid. But some internships ARE paid in the TC
field, at least in this part of the country. And the educational
institutions I am familiar with strive to get paid positions for their
interns.

John also belittles internships as being only a tool for filtering out
certain segments of the population. In my experience (limited),
internships have led to full-time jobs for the interns. Or, better
yet, have been used by TC supervisors as a stepping stone to convince
their management of the need for full-time staff additions. The
internship is the *nose of the camel,* so to speak.

I believe the internship situation in this field is not as negative as
John (real or imagined) would have us believe.

Dan Wise
dewise -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com

My opinions are my own. No one else in their right mind would claim
them.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net