Re: Windows terminology (aka tab thingys)

Subject: Re: Windows terminology (aka tab thingys)
From: Tony Ioven/Voice Processing Corp <Tony_Ioven/Voice_Processing_Corp -at- VPRO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 07:42:42 -0500

Julie MacAller writes:
> According to the "Windows Interface Guidelines for Software Design"
> included with Visual C++, they're called "property pages." A
> collection of property pages is called a property sheet.

I'd be careful about using a term from a programmer's guide. A term in a
programmer's guide isn't always the same as the term Microsoft recommends for
end-user docs (for example, "accelerators" vs. "shortcut keys"). Also, I think
"property pages" and "property sheet" sound a little highfalutin.

I think "page" sounds right. A couple of people on the list have used "page"
to describe what you access when you click a tab, but the tendency seems to be
to want to call it something else.

Anyone know what the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications calls
these tabbed thingys?

Tony Ioven
tioven -at- vpro -dot- com

Post Message: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Get Commands: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "help" in body.
Unsubscribe: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "signoff TECHWR-L"
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net

Previous by Author: Intercom April 1996
Next by Author: Frame Wish List
Previous by Thread: HUMOR - Techwriter's Baby Announcement
Next by Thread: Re: Windows terminology (aka tab thingys)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads