Re: Jobs, the industry, etc.

Subject: Re: Jobs, the industry, etc.
From: Sabahat Iqbal Ashraf <ashrafs -at- RPI -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 03:49:48 -0400

Okay, I will take the bait. I would particularly be interested in a report on
the industry in the "New York City, Northern New Jersey, and all-places-
commutable-therefrom" area with respect to jobs. This I say for the same
reason I earlier wrote a short "I am a looking for a job". I left out the
geographic restriction in the heat(?) of the moment. I would like to thank
the personal notes people sent me in this regard. I am so tied-down [and a
little feverish right now] that I have not been able to reply.

I am particularly anxious because the head of a company of headhunters [and
this one specializes in Tech Writers and in that particular area] just told
me yesterday that "I am sorry, but all our clients insist on US Citizenship
or a Green Card." (A stance, by the way, I find odd given the large number of
engineers and programmers in my "visa situation" that techie companies employ
in this area). I seem to be heading for where I am faced with having to live
in a different part of the country than my wife. If so, the feedback from
this discussion would save me several months of agonizingly running from
pillar to post around and around the Big Apple, so to say.

Sabahat.

--
2209 15th Street ashrafs -at- rpi -dot- edu
Troy, NY 12180 www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net