Re: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent

Subject: Re: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 15:11:38 -0700

>Oh, yeah...one last thing. I know and accept that sometimes all you can do is
>polish turds.

The problem is that we must have the turds before they can be polished.

I knew one writer whose deadline was Monday - and the first demo of how
his product _might_ work was Tuesday (yes, the same week). That was his
first opportunity to get _any_ product information - including
engineering specs.

>Understand that either I've been VERY lucky to have worked at three separate
>organizations (consecutively) that were extremely pro-tech writer, or I've
>been
>able to bring something to my position that was unusual.

Consider yourself extremely lucky. We all bring a very rare attribute
to our companies - we understand the software and we know how to write.

David (The Unbiased) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net