incorporating wizards into online help

Subject: incorporating wizards into online help
From: Beth Baxter <bethb -at- MCSDALLAS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 14:43:18 GMT

Hello,

My company's programmers want to use a wizard in a new program they're
developing.

They want to use it to speed up the configuration process after the user has
installed the program, and every time after when the user changes her
configuration.

As their tech. writer, I've been developing the online help and manual
simultaneously for this program. My original approach was to have a quick
start / tutorial section to get the user going fast, a how-to section to
answer more specific questions, and a reference section to define all the
stuff in the user interfaces. The installation guide would be a separate
document.

With the wizard, the quick start seems redundant, as does the how to configure
part. Does anyone have any ideas about other approaches I might take?

I would be most grateful for any comments or advice.
Beth Baxter

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net