Re: Screen Capture -- Related Question:TIFFs

Subject: Re: Screen Capture -- Related Question:TIFFs
From: Averil Strauss <averil -at- LEGENDCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:43:41 -0400

>I've used both Paint Shop Pro and PhotoFinish for screen capture and
>conversion. I like PhotoFinish better because (I think) it's easier to
>touch up the images before adding them to my document.

>My related question has to do with transferring TIFFs from PC to MAC. On my
>current project, I write the documents in Word 6 or 7 on a PC because
>that's where the applications I document live. The publications department
>then translates and reformats the document to Word 5 or 6 on the MAC or
>into Pagemaker (because that's what they've always done). They want my
>screen captures as grey-scale TIFFs. The TIFFs from both PhotoFinish and
>Paint Shop Pro translate as negative images when they get to the MAC. The
>current solution is that I send .BMP files and Publications translates to
>grey scale TIFF on the MAC then replace images in the document. There must
>be a less time consuming alternative...

>Does anyone know why the TIFFs get reversed from PC to MAC? Does it have
>anything to do with the capture programs? With Word?

No, it has to do with the fact that there is a different standard for TIFFs
on a Macintosh. The only way I know to avoid the hassle is to stick with one
platform.

Someone once told me that there were at least 6 or 8 _different_ TIFF
errrr... standards?

Averil
Legend Communications, Inc.
Makers of PostScript and Imposition Software
http://www.legendcomm.com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net