Re: The Good Times Roll! Around and around...

Subject: Re: The Good Times Roll! Around and around...
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 21:05:42 -0400

Dick Dimock wrote:
>Fair warms the cockles of me heart, it does!

>Over a year ago, I fell for it and sounded the alarm on
>yea, this very list. Ate much crow at the time, as I
>remember!

Ah, yes...I remember that. (Although---I thought it was the Dr. Seuss
parody, not the Good Times virus. Memory's disintegrating, I guess.)
Arlen had a bad hair day and wrote a rather testy response and then the
roof fell in on him. Everybody wasted major bandwidth for several days,
taking sides and getting more and more irritable. I'm glad we are now
reacting with a bit more humor and understanding.

My take on the whole issue was (and still is):
@
@@@ @
@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@ <------- tempest
@@@@@
@@@
@@
@@
@
\ @ ! / <------ teapot
\______!/

I -do- think it would be a kindness to new folks to list a few of the
more common PerennialReposts in the Welcome message, though. It might
prevent a few embarrassed blushes.

@Kat _______________________________ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Kat Nagel MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing / Document design / Information services

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net