TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
COMPANY: Carnegie Group, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
POSITION: Technical Writer/Sr. Technical Writer I
- Design and write software user documentation, including a user
manual and a system administration guide.
- Work the complete documentation development process for
the project, including writing, reviews, revisions, and production.
- Provide support to team members for project-related documentation, such
as specifications, plans, status reports and so on.
- In the next year convert and move the documentation online into an
- Technical Writer:
B.S. or B.A. in Technical Writing and Editing, Professional Writing
or related field plus at least one year of technical
writing experience. M.S. is desirable.
- Sr. Technical Writer I:
M.S. in Technical Writing and Editing, Professional Writing or
related field plus at least two years of technical writing
experience. Proven ability to supervise/advise other writers/
non-writers in their development of documentation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience producing user documentation, from planning
through production; tasks include documentation project planning,
document design, writing, coordinating reviews, revisions,
copyediting, and managing production and delivery of final copy.
- Proficiency in use of Unix and MacIntosh or PC document production
tools, including word processors, document formatting/page layout
software, graphics software.
- Proven skill as a professional writer, as demonstrated in writing
- Familiarity with X-terminals and UNIX workstation environment, PCs
or MacIntosh, as well as VAX/VMS environment.
- Familiarity with software engineering/development environments and
understanding of the dynamics of such environments, and the ability
to handle the impact of those dynamics on the documentation
- Framemaker on Unix; Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Unix workstations (Sun)
- SGML/HTML and Mosaic
- Familiarity with DoD domain
- EMACS and Scribe on VAX/VMS
Visit our home page www.cgi.com for information about Carnegie Group, Inc.
Please send electronic inquiries to resumes -at- cgi -dot- com -dot-
Post Message: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Get Commands: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "help" in body.
Unsubscribe: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "signoff TECHWR-L"
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net