Re: PageMaker to RTF?

Subject: Re: PageMaker to RTF?
From: Valerie Archambeau <varchamb -at- MIDWAY -dot- UCHICAGO -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 22:12:22 -0500

>Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 05:06:05 EDT
>From: Shannon Kelly <shannonk -at- LEHMAN -dot- COM>
>Subject: PageMaker to RTF?

>Does anyone know how to save a PageMaker 5 file as or convert a PageMaker 5
>file to .rtf so that I can use the application HTML Transit on it for
>ultimate conversion to HTML?

>Thanks for any suggestions,
>Shannon

Shannon,

(Off the top of my head/for PM5 for the Macintosh)
1. Place your text tool in the story you want to convert.
2. Press command-E to "Edit Story"
3. Click on the FILE menu and select "Export."
4. A Save dialog box should appear. Choose "Rich Text Format" from the
Format pop-up menu.

If you have more than one story in your file, you'll need to do more work,
of course.

--Val
PS: I get this list in digest form, so I apologize if the answer has
already been posted.

Valerie J. Archambeau varchamb -at- midway -dot- uchicago -dot- edu
Academic Computing Services
The University of Chicago

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." --Groucho Marx