HTML vs. Acrobat

Subject: HTML vs. Acrobat
From: Kathryn Whitver <kathrynw -at- MICROWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:46:58 -0500

My apologies to the newsgroup readers who are seeing this
message twice. (I've just learned how this list works)
Hello Fellow TCs,

Our department is in the process of going on-line with
our documentation. We are interested in your opinions
comparing two formats: HTML and Acrobat. Also, if
any of you know of any published reports comparing
different formats for on-line documentation, I'd
appreciate that information as well.

A little background:
We need to publish our documentation for use on
both UNIX and PC platforms, and publish periodic
updates that can be downloaded from our web
site. Our documents are primarily computer
programming manuals, so some contain very
highly formatted pages, but graphics are typically
quite simple. Cost is an issue, as is training curve.
File size is a lesser issue since we plan to publish
on CD-ROM, but becomes more important when
posting files on the web.

Any information you can give will be helpful
to us in making a good decision.

Thanks,
Kathryn

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net