Re: Reviews

Subject: Re: Reviews
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:46:00 MST

Tim Altom wrote (snip):
>>But what helps the most is politics. No kidding. And that means making
friends with department managers, reviewers, your boss, and everybody
else in the process. It means scheduling, coordinating and facilitating
review meetings. <snip> In your review meetings, YOU chair the thing and
move it along. Do everything, and I mean EVERYTHING you can, to prepare
for the meeting and
not waste the reviewers' time. <snip, etc.>
<<

To which Sheldon Siegel replied (snip):
>>Since it's Friday, I think I'll let a little venom loose. THIS LINE OF
THINKING REALLY GETS MY GOAT! Why do we have to bow down to prima donna
programmers, begging them to *please* review the doc, please, please,
please ... we'll be your friend! <snip> GIVE ME A BREAK! We are
professionals; they are professionals. We need to treat each other with
the professional courtesy we both deserve. <snip, etc.>
<<
===========
I saw Tim's comments as being very professional. I didn't see anything
about buying donuts or bagels. His point (IMO) was simply to put together
a well-planned, smooth-running review session and to extend the same
courtesies you'd hope to receive in return.

You are both arguing for professionalism--I don't see any contention
between your ideas.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil
http://www.primenet.com/~bparks/

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net