Re: Proportional Fonts

Subject: Re: Proportional Fonts
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 07:12:00 MST

Paul Ryken[SMTP:pryken -at- CLEAR -dot- CO -dot- NZ] asked-->

I understand from one Online Documentation Fonts reply that I received
that certain fonts are better represented on a facsimile transmission
that others, ie. San serif or serif fonts. Has anyone done any study on
the subject of what facsimile machines do in the distortion of certain
fonts etc? What is the better font to use? Is it dependant on the Senders
Facsimile Machine or the Recipients?
<<

I think the idea here is that the fine lines of many serif fonts don't
print well on fax machines. A nice blocky sans serif will ensure that
individual letters print clearly and distinctly when faxed.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil
http://www.primenet.com/~bparks/