Frame -> Word / Frame -> HTML

Subject: Frame -> Word / Frame -> HTML
From: Andrew Mottershead <A -dot- Mottershead -at- GLOBALCOMM -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 14:59:32 +-100

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to this list (I joined today), so please forgive me if the following questions have already been discussed.

1. I have been using Frame for several years. I recently started a new job and the preferred tool is Word. Unfortunately, Word does not seem to be particularly good for producing large documents (although this may be due to my lack of training/Word experience).

My employer accepts that I may need a different DTP tool (and agreed that Frame is probably the best option). However the concern is whether other people within the company (using Word) can share/re-use the information. Therefore, I would welcome comments/suggestions concerning converting Frame documents to Word.

2. How do you convert Frame files to HTML. Does Frame 5 include a built HTML filter (capable of converting text, tables, graphics, etc.)? If not, can anyone recommend a suitable Frame->HTML utility? Or, would I be better off persevering with Word and take advantage of MS Internet tools (such as FrontPage)?

That's all for now. I hope the above makes sense and I look forward to your response.

Andy.

a -dot- mottershead -at- globalcomm -dot- co -dot- uk