Re: Converting Ventura

Subject: Re: Converting Ventura
From: Katharine Woods <kathw -at- FIREFOX -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 09:42:36 +0100

Beth (bstaat -at- artisoft -dot- com) wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a document written in
> Ventura to _ANYTHING_ else? Even ASCII would be fine!

I suspect you want something that means you don't have to spend
forever stripping out the Ventura formatting codes. If there are
tools out there that do this kind of thing (especially an HTML
conversion tool - btw, I've already tried HTML Transit),
I'd love to know about it too.

In version 4.2 (and below) all you can do is change the file
type of your document file (Frame menu, File Type/Rename option)
but when you open the file in the other tool, it'll be full of
"@Heading1 = " and "<f225p255d>" and all those other lovely
formatting codes which you then have to delete (fire up those
search and replace macros!).

I don't think you can export from Ventura 5.0 either but I've
only had a brief look at version 5.0 (I'm desperately hoping that
version 7.0 *really* will do all Corel are claiming for it).

You could try looking at http://www.corelnet.com, which
has discussion lists for Corel products, and try posting the
query on the Ventura list.

Nice to hear that I'm not the only Ventura user in the
wonderful world of tech writing. :-)

Katharine Woods
kathw -at- firefox -dot- co -dot- uk