Re: jump colors turning black

Subject: Re: jump colors turning black
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 12:44:00 EST

At 08:33 AM 7/9/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
> Colleen:

> I now am not the only one that this is happening to. On my PC the
> jump colors show up as black, even though they are coded in green.
> They look green on anyone else's PC. Have you checked the help file
> from other PCs?

> We still can't figure out what has happened. It isn't the video card.
> In fact, the jumps show as black when I boot up into NT but show as
> green when I boot up into Windows 3.1.

> Anyone else had this problem? Have a clue what to do about it?

> Thanks

> Caryn Rizell
> caryn_rizell -at- hp -dot- com

Are you only having a problem under NT, or under your own workstation's copy
of Win 3.1 AND NT?

For Win 3.1, check the Win.INI file under [Windows Help] and see if
JumpColor is set to (0,0,0) or if the default has been altered. Also check
your defaults in the Control Panel.

I'd guess it's in the Win.INI and somebody has messed with you. You can
override the author's color schemes here. Since it shows up properly under
other people's systems, you've got a strange setting on yours. If that's
what's happened, all of your help files should show up the same way. See if
any other help files show jumps as invisible text. BTW, is the text
underlined black, or just plain black? The solution is to open the Win.INI
and delete the color definitions.

NT has its own strangenesses and you may have to get a systems adminstrator
involved, since you're almost certainly on a network.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.simplywritten.com/simply