Breaking up--hard to do?

Subject: Breaking up--hard to do?
From: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- ICONTROL -dot- ANZA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 15:55:37 -0600

Howdy all--

Well, after watching various management types scurry about furitively
(furtively? fur-i-tively? well, they were sneaky) for weeks, they've finally
announced the big news: they are breaking our group of seven writers into two
groups: one will be charged with coordinating our marketing effort, and the
other is to stay with "real" tech writing.

We have never had to split up the tasks between the two groups before. To
this point, we've been the "Corporate Communications" team, and we've
assigned tasks among ourselves based on personal interest, available time and
so on. (We're in software development, if that makes any difference.)

Now that we are splitting, we need to define more clearly which group is
responsible for which tasks. How are these tasks split in your organization?
Right off the bat I can see that issues like demo guides (which market the
product but are based on the documentation of the demo), forms and so on will
be gray areas that we'll need to address. I'd personally adore the chance to
give the marketing group the "opportunity" to scan images for our sales group
to use in its demos, too. But what are the other areas?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks a lot for your input.

Patty Ewy
pewy -at- icontrol -dot- anza -dot- com