[no subject]

From: Sara Schoenberg <sschoenb -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:27:40 EDT

My company is looking into ways to add value to our applications by
building more "helping" information into an application Perhaps some of you can
offer some insight into the technical "hows" of incorporating wizards and similar
types of help information into applications. (I've posted the same query to the
winhlp-l list, but the lines of demarcation are increasingly blurry, thus my asking
here, as well.)

Most of us have seen the kinds of wizards Microsoft has created, and Turbo Tax
does something similar with its Interview(er?) feature. Have any of you had
experience or involvement in creating such things? How is it done? For example,
is this something hard-coded into the application or not, and do any tools exist
that have been designed for this purpose, or which you've been able to
successfully adapt for for such use?

Any information on how and what it takes to create this kind of information would
be greatly appreciated. You can respond directly to me at:

sschoenb -at- sctcorp -dot- com

Thanks,

Sara