Re: Italics (Not!)

Subject: Re: Italics (Not!)
From: "Glanbrok, Slayer of Bluntskulls" <conehead -at- OVERTHE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 15:52:57 -0400

Patty Ewy wrote:

Currently our style guide includes an entry that requires us to italicize product
names in all our materials: manuals, tech bulletins, tutorials, marketing
materials and so on.

This rule was here before I was (and I was the first tech writer they brought on
board!) but it is a real pain. We would like to rescind this rule, but are a little
unclear about how this change should take effect.

Have you ever made this kind of change, that would effect every blinkin' piece
that is done, that is in progress and that will be done? How did you handle it?
Would you advise against it, just because of the pain involved?