Re: LOCAL ON-LINE HTML DOC

Subject: Re: LOCAL ON-LINE HTML DOC
From: Bob Morse <morse -at- GLOBALDIALOG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:34:02 -0500

>Well, it looks nice and it's easy enough to navigate, but it took two minutes
>to load over our T3 line; I wouldn't want to access it via a dialup line. If,
>as it appears from the subject line, it's intended to be only a locally
>accessed file it should work okay.

Yeah, it was intended to reside on a local server, and locally it loads in
3 or 4 secs. But I think even that's too long. This was my first HTML job
of any kind (on-the-job training), and the client didn't know much more about
HTML than I did, so now--with a year's perspective--there's some things I'd
do differently. And the biggest thing I'd want to do is break it up into
more manageable pieces--keeping each piece down to no more than, say, 30 to 40K.