Re: note taking

Subject: Re: note taking
From: Janet Renze <jrenze -at- CGN -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 14:04:46 -0500

Wow--this topic has really generated a lot of discussion!
As a former secretary ($ for grad school...) I am really happy to
now ditch all those "lowly" tasks mentioned throughout this thread,
but aren't we losing sight of the big item--

**everything that falls out of a person's mouth is not gospel**

or in other words--maybe the folks that want their words cast
on paper really have quite an inflated sense of what they're saying!
one of the members of the management team here has that problem
in a big way--he feels his every utterance is right from god. NOT!
my solution from meetings is to nod a lot, and jot down
any decisions (which in a given meeting are rare if at all....) and
action items. maybe discussion topics if it's a strategy meeting.
i'll pipe up when i totally disagree or have general contributions, but
forget all the "who said what"--it just doesn't matter! works for here,
will see for next company....

Janet Renze
jrenze -at- cgn -dot- org