Re: Doc-u-Tech

Subject: Re: Doc-u-Tech
From: "Simmons, Brian" <brian -dot- simmons -at- LAMRC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:09:00 PDT

re FrameMaker 4 and a Docutech: Our print vendor uses a Docutech. We have
been sending themFrameMaker 4 PostScript files from Macs and printing them
with no problems, but I think they apply some labor on their end to make
sure everything is in order. Typically we send them files named so that they
are in the logical order, but this is not always the case (it should be, but
that's a personnel issue).

With Frame 5 it's a bit easier. When you save a book to a ps file, you get
one single book file instead of multiple, individual ps files (unless you
want these). Our vendor now gets one file for a book, and apparently the
Docutech has no problem. Files have been sourced on Macs and PCs.

Xerox ought to be able to put you in touch with someone you could call...

bws

Brian Wesley Simmons
Publications Supervisor 510.572.1039 work 510.572.1056 fax
Lam Research Corporation 1.800.759.8888 PIN 1970622 voicemail pager
brian -dot- simmons -at- lamrc -dot- com bws20 -at- netcom -dot- com