Re: note taking

Subject: Re: note taking
From: Kathryn Whitver <kathrynw -at- MICROWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:51:37 GMT

plcurrid -at- prairienet -dot- org (Peggy L. Currid) wrote:

When I was new to a company I sat in on an engineering design
meeting and was asked to take notes. I obliged, then near the
end of the meeting when we were deciding the time and place
for the next meeting, I asked who would take notes at the next
meeting and suggested all team members take turns being the
recorder. Point taken; a secretary was brought into the next meeting
to take notes.

Technical writers are no more generally suited to clerical work than
executives or janitors or engineers. Team members should
be aware of that point and willing to take their turn doing the
chores. OTOH, if a writer is willing to take on the clerical duties of

a team, then that writer should be willing to be classified in
clerical terms.

Kathryn