moving to SGML

Subject: moving to SGML
From: David Kerr <david -dot- kerr -at- COGNOS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:07:30 -0400

I am currently investigating (on behalf of my publications department) a
move from the development of both hard copy documents and WinHelp (16
and 32 bit) to a document repository system and SGML.

Our group uses Word, RoboHelp, and Acrobat to produce hard copy manuals,
online help, and PDF files. I've been looking into Frame and a few other
potential tools.

I'm interested in hearing from people who have already gone this route -
what kinds of tools did you use, how did you go about planning the
migration, and what kinds of problems did you encounter.

Thanks.