Re: What would you do?

Subject: Re: What would you do?
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:43:08 -0400

> this might simply be the work of a marketing
>person who isn't involved in the actual writing,
<<snip>But it still reflects on
>*somebody's* attention to detail. If the owner or chair or whatever
>of this group doesn't bother to look at the marketing materials, or
>*did* look at them and said "this is good enough for me!", wouldn't
>you consider that a bad sign?

Yes, I would. But I would also tell the owner or chair or whatever that
the person to whom they delegated that job wasn't performing it very well.

BTW, that's one reason why I haven't expanded my business and hired
employees or subcontractors, even when I've had to turn down jobs because I
was too busy. If I had enough work to justify hiring staff, I wouldn't
have -time- to micromanage every piece of copy that went out the door.
And I'm just too paranoid to trust -anybody- else with the image of my
business.

@Kat ___________________________________ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing / Editing / Document design

"She has very definite opinions on grammar, but enjoys
debating them with me before insisting on doing it her
way, rather like a cat toying with a mouse."
______T. Mauro, COPYEDITING-L (7/16/96)