CHAT: certification

Subject: CHAT: certification
From: DAVID IBBETSON <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 10:23:30 -0400

It's a long weekend in much of Canada. (Provincial holidays observed in most
provinces.)

K@ writes:
>STC is a great organization, but all that's required for membership is a
>filled-in application form and a check. That ain't certification for
>anything, by anybody's standards.

Come, come. If the applicant is required to fill in the form him/herself,
he/she iss being tested in literacy. Then the amount of the cheque has to be
determined. Doubtless there are options to be chosen or rejected. That's a
logic test. Then various sums of money have to be added together
(arithmetic), the applicant has to look in a table to find what state or
province he/she resides in (Geography) and calculate and add the appropriate
state or provincial taxes (more logic and more arithmetic).

David (the idiot who's just read that the UK is no longer teaching grammer)
Ibbetson

David Ibbetson ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com
133 Wilton St, #506, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5A 4A4
Phone (416) 363-6692 Fax (416) 363-4987

Recovering from a crash. Some programs work when I can find them, but screen
is stuck in default resolution.

However entrancing it is to wander unchecked through a garden of bright
images, are we not enticing your mind from another subject of almost equal
importance? -- Ernest Bramah Smith, _Kai Lung's Golden Hours. Story of Hien_