Re: RoboHELP vs. Acrobat

Subject: Re: RoboHELP vs. Acrobat
From: DAVID IBBETSON <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 12:02:33 -0400

Rod asked:

> We are about to convert about a dozen printed manuals (averaging about
> 500 pages each) into online documents. The source files are Word .DOC
files. > We have a very short turnaround time (about two weeks) and are
>considering using either RoboHELP to create .HLP files or Acrobat to
create >PDF files.
>Can anyone help steer us toward one product instead of the other? What
are >the pros and cons of each approach?

As I understand Acrobat, with the present release the document has to be
opened as a whole. If this is correct you would need to divide your 500 page
manuals into small chunks.

David (the idiot) Ibbetson

David Ibbetson ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com
133 Wilton St, #506, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5A 4A4
Phone (416) 363-6692 Fax (416) 363-4987

However entrancing it is to wander unchecked through a garden of bright
images, are we not enticing your mind from another subject of almost equal
importance? -- Ernest Bramah Smith, _Kai Lung's Golden Hours. Story of Hien_