Role of technical Writers

Subject: Role of technical Writers
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 14:37:14 -0500

Forgive me if this has come up before, but a couple of recent threads
seem to have this undercurrent, so I figured I'd ask explicitly.

Is our primary allegiance as technical writers to be true to the
language or to the user? Is it more important to uphold the integrity
of the language in our communications or to do whatever it takes to most
clearly communicate the facts? (I'm assuming there are times when it
isn't possible to do both).

Chris
--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer