Dialog Boxes (Was Re: Naming conventions)

Subject: Dialog Boxes (Was Re: Naming conventions)
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 13:21:11 -0500

Brett Wetzell wrote:

> I have no idea what the origin or logic
> behind that phrase is, but most users (yes, including me) seem generally
> confused by it. I would be interested to find out more...

I don't know what the origin is, but if you think about it in just the
right way, "dialog" realy isn't a misnomer. When I taught Windows a few
years back, I'd have to deal with terms like dialog box. I described
them as the application asking you questions, having a dialog, if you
like. If it were 2005, Windows would probably ask you verbally and you
would verably respond.

That's just my take on it.

Chris
--