job openings - to list or not to list

Subject: job openings - to list or not to list
From: Thom Remington <remingtf -at- ENGG-MAIL -dot- LVS -dot- DUPONT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:06:34 -0400

I agree wholeheartedly that it's appropriate to list job openings. I suggest
the following as guidelines:

o One position per note - or a group of positions, but only if they're
for one employer in one location.

o Location (state) and type of job in subject line. Those not
interested can delete without reading.

o Specific location information in body of note. That is, information
that will tell most folks on the list where the job is. One poster listed
job locations such as "Peninsula" and "E. Bay." OK. Which peninsula, and
which bay? I live on the Delmarva Peninsula, within 60 miles of Delaware
Bay, but I don't think that's where these jobs were.

o Essential information only. Let folks who want more write for more.

o E-mail address - if possible - in the note.