Re[2]: job openings appropriate

Subject: Re[2]: job openings appropriate
From: "Alexandria G. Khalil" <akhalil -at- SUNGARD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 12:10:51 EST

Marilyn,

My sentiments exactly! In fact, I don't mind that they take up space.
I don't believe there is a more appropriate format for technical
writing jobs then on this list. Further, when this list tends to get a
little "crazy" (i.e., cookie arguments certification battles) I
continue to remain on due to the job postings.

Alexandria Khalil
SunGard Capital Markets
Doc. Manager
Phila., Pa
akhalil -at- sungard -dot- com

Subject: Re: job openings appropriate
Author: Marilyn Barrett O'Leary <moleary -at- LSUVM -dot- SNCC -dot- LSU -dot- EDU> at Internet
Date: 8/9/96 10:22 AM

Everyone: Peter Gold wrote to question whether job openings should be
posted to this list--they do take up a lot of "space." I would like to
express the personal opinion that we continue to allow these postings for
two reasons: 1) this is a growing and changing field and reading these
postings gives a glance at the directions of change and 2) the postings may
help somebody and none of us knows, in these days of downsizing and
fast-paced change, when we will need one of these.

However, Peter is right, the postings could be made in a more concise
manner by some. Maybe our illustrious "list compiler" could put some
format direction or limitation onto these postings in the interest of size.
(Sorry Eric to throw extra work your way, but who else...?)

Bottom line: I vote to keep the job opening listings. Marilyn

Marilyn Barrett O'Leary
Louisiana Sea Grant College Program
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-7507
504-388-6349
moleary -at- lsuvm -dot- sncc -dot- lsu -dot- edu