Re: Pagination and indexing online docs

Subject: Re: Pagination and indexing online docs
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 10:21:35 EDT

Samantha -- I subscribe to TECHWR-L in digest mode and just saw your posting.
The solution you've come up with is actually the only possibility I know of if
you want your index for the hardcopy version and the Web version of your
document to match.

IMHO (and at the risk of being flamed), the tools currently available to
technical writers simply do not do an adequate job of addressing many indexing
needs.

Lori