development times

Subject: development times
From: Kip Dale <kipd -at- SOFTLAW -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 16:40:43 +1000

I have been given the responsibility to come up with the
approximate amount of time it will take to create a training
course for software that hasn't been written. (It is a custom
app for a client.) The training tasks have been broken down
into 2 hour modules. (I don't know how many modules there
will be; I have to come up with a per module estimate. I will also
have to "break up" the finished product into what I consider
two hour blocks for the actual training session.)

The software is *similar* (he said hopefully) to other software
that we produce.

The costs I come up with will remain in place for the next
two years. (Overquote, did I hear you say overquote??)

So, I guess what I am asking is how long does it take
you (I know there are a few trainers on the list, but I'll
take advise from _anyone_ about now) to come up with
an hour's worth of training material?

Kip Dale
Training Manager (and general all purpose guy)
nanabelles
kipd -at- softlaw -dot- com -dot- au
http://www.softlaw.com.au/nanabelles