Re: Contractors _ARE_ good people

Subject: Re: Contractors _ARE_ good people
From: Esther Wheeler <esther -at- AZURE-TECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 09:33:58 -0600

> I may be taking this out of context, but I _DON'T_ like the fact that
>"you" (whoever you are) refer to contractors as bad people.

Gracious, Bill, calm down. I didn't get that implication from the
post you quote at all. I'm currently a direct employee, but I've
done my share of contracting and hired both direct and contract
writers. I agree with the poster's point that having good, loyal
people for the long haul is a huge benefit to companies. Too
many workplaces forget that familiarity with a product and a
process can actually enhance the work produced. Good hires,
like good contractors, are an invaluable resource. Just don't
confuse the benefits of either.

That said, PLEASE don't make me go back to troff. (The original
point of the thread was that you should hang on to those direct
hires that can write custom troff and Tex macros.) And don't
assume I spend all my time at the water-cooler, either.

- Esther

Esther Wheeler
Azure Technologies
ewheeler -at- azure-tech -dot- com