Re: Contractors _ARE_ good people

Subject: Re: Contractors _ARE_ good people
From: "Kathryn B. Swain" <kswain -at- TDSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 22:08:26 -0700

Bill Hartzer wrote:

> Someone said the following in a recent message:

> "...True. I think that right there you've got an excellent argument for
> hiring good people and treating them well, as opposed to farming work
> out to contractors."

> I may be taking this out of context, but I _DON'T_ like the fact that
> "you" (whoever you are) refer to contractors as bad people.

Bill, I missed the original note, but the sense I get from what you
quote is NOT that the poster felt that contractors are "bad people," but
that many companies that SHOULD hire permanent tech communicators prefer
to use contractors in an effort to avoid providing benefits. Maybe I'm
wrong, but I think the majority of the posters here are or have been
contractors, and I haven't noticed any bias against them (us).

Kathy