Re: VALUE synonym

Subject: Re: VALUE synonym
From: "Sigrid Schoepel a.k.a. Spunky" <sas -at- WIGGINS -dot- PENTATECHINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 08:18:44 -0500

John Sell wrote:
Examples:

The format for each statement is:
ATTRIBUTE OPERATION VALUE(S)
ATTRIBUTE: NEIGHBORHOOD
OPERATION: =
VALUE: HIGHLAND PARK

Multiple values must be separated by a comma.

At a recent user group session, I noticed that a few users stumbled. Do any
handy synonyms occur to any of you? I haven't come up with a satisfyingly
concise alternative yet (the three alternatives I listed above--data,
information, search criterion--don't quite work).
I have two suggestions:

1 Multiple entries must be separated by a comma.
2 Multiple items must be separated by a comma.

Are these the types of terms you're looking for? Or, are you looking for a synonym for your (the tax people's) definition of value?

Sigrid Schoepel
Senior Technical Writer
sas -at- pentatechinc -dot- com

Penta Technologies, Inc.
250 S. Executive Dr., Suite 201
Brookfield, WI 53005
The views expressed herein are mine, and do not necessarily represent those of Penta Technologies, Inc.