Re: Moderated Techwr-l List?

Subject: Re: Moderated Techwr-l List?
From: Brad Connatser <concom -at- USIT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:41:28 GMT

In article <n1371497516 -dot- 41712 -at- Griz>, Tom Neuburger
<Tom_Neuburger -at- ltx-tr -dot- com> wrote:

> I have a suggestion--Would someone volunteer
> to maintain a moderated techwriter list? I know
> Eric is too busy, and I don't blame him for not
> wanting yet another baby to sit. Any takers?

> This is not about the morality of behavior--Colorful
> people make the dullness bloom. The wonderful
> inventiveness and variety of this species is a
> constant delight. Makes me glad I joined.

> But I would sure love to split this list into its
> components and subscribe to one of them.

> It's kind of like wanting the people next door
> to stop throwing up on your sidewalk. I like them,
> they're fun to play with, but I wish they didn't live
> so close. And I kind of wish they didn't say--if
> you don't like the mess, clean it up (delete it)
> yourself.

Your analogy is not accurate. I think that you need to hold the mirror up.
You obviously enjoy the posts about the very subjects you claim need to be
moderated out. You read them all, knowing what they were by the subject
headings. A better analogy for this list is a television. Each program is
a post. If you don't like the program, change the channel. If you don't
like the post, go to the next and so on. Moderation is just another word
for censorship.
Brad

--
Brad Connatser