What's This? help -- Is it required?

Subject: What's This? help -- Is it required?
From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 08:50:19 PST

<Cross-posted to TechWr-L and WinHelp-L lists>

I can't seem to find any info on whether What's This? help is
required to be logo compliant with Microsoft. I've search their Web
site under licensing, and all I could find was info on how the
*program* was supposed to be but, of course, absolutely nothing about
online help.

Does anyone know? I'm sorta figuring it's not required. At this point
we are trying to decide if we are going to implement it or not --
none of us more "experienced" users here use it at all, in fact we
all hate it. I know it could be useful for beginning users of our
product, but I *am* providing context-sensitive help that has been
minimized, so that field information is included immediately for the
entire dialog when a user presses [F1] or chooses Help.

So... does anyone know if it's required? And any thoughts on us *not*
including it?

Thanks bunches!
...sue