Microsoft product trademark usage

Subject: Microsoft product trademark usage
From: Beth Baxter <bethb -at- MCSDALLAS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 15:22:12 GMT

Hi fellow scribes,

I've been trying to track down trademark information on Microsoft products. I
faxed a request to the OEM division of Microsoft because they were the ones
who sent my company the latest update (dated May 17, 1995!).

As expected, I received no response to my request. Therefore, I'm appealing to
anyone who may know how to get up-to-date trademarking info from Microsoft.
I'd appreciate an address I can e-mail or a number I can fax to. My company is
kind of in a hurry to get the information.

Specifically, I need to know if NT as in Windows NT is a registered trademark
now. According to our 1995 update it's a TM. If so, do we cite it Windows (R)
NT (R)?

Beth Baxter
Technical Writer
Micro Computer Systems, Inc.