Section Naming

Subject: Section Naming
From: Rebecca Phillips <rebecca -at- QRONUS -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 15:47:42 +-200

>From: Robert Plamondon[SMTP:robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM]

>Section numbering illuminates the logical structure of the document <snip> Scanning back for the next-higher-level numbered head is something readers know how to do with numbered sections,

This illustrates the only problem I have with Section numbering. Sections are a collection of chapters. Sections are also numbered sub-sets of chapters. When I have a cross-reference to a numbered section, I don't want to use the word "section" because that refers to a different kind of entity. I don't want to say "paragraph", because that is not really correct either.

Any suggestions?

Rebecca M. Phillips
Documentation Manager
Qronus Interactive Ltd.