contract work vs. permanent employment

Subject: contract work vs. permanent employment
From: Gillian McGarvey <gmcgarv -at- PSYCHE -dot- OVID -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 09:53:48 -0400

Hello everyone,

Please forgive me if this topic has been discussed recently, but I am
currently a permanent tech writer and am considering doing contract work
(for a tech writing agency -- there are many in my area). Would anyone
like to share their experience with both of these, and elaborate on the
pro's and con's? Thanks very much in advance,

Gillian McGarvey