Re: Interesting HTML design questions

Subject: Re: Interesting HTML design questions
From: Chet Ensign <censign -at- INTERSERV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 05:33:36 -0700

I didn't see the original message, but the first question...

>Michael John Little asks...
>>1. If I set up a template page, how do I automatically insert
>>boilerplate text in place of variable markers in the template?

.. caught my eye. You might want to take a look at felix.lds.com:8001. This
is a technical documentation website that is being dynamically served up from
a BASISplus database. The only fixed HTML page you see is the first one. From
that point forward, the contents are dynamically assembled real-time by
requests against the database. (If you look at the URL's themselves, you will
notice that they don't look like ordinary URLs. They are, in fact, database
queries.)

Boilerplate is handled by this database, but also non-boilerplate content as
well.

Best regards,

/chet

Chet Ensign