A question about Acrobat, plus a question about Intranets

Subject: A question about Acrobat, plus a question about Intranets
From: Michael John Little <ur004135 -at- MAIL01 -dot- MEL -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1986 17:29:17 +0000

Hello TechTwirlers:
Recently I heard that Acrobat store all the links to pages as
geographic locations, so if you add a page, you have to manually
change all the following pages. It doesn't do it automatically. Is
that true? Has Adobe fixed the problem? Does anyone know the email
address for tech support for Adobe.

Also did anyone see my question about separating an intranet from the
Internet?
Basically, the problem is the client wants to set up an online
quality system. I suggested that the best and simplest solution would
be an Intranet with Netscape Clients. Because their LAN is
permanently connected to the Internet to receive email (they run
their own SMTP server), the client was concerned that if they
installed Nescape and TCP/IP throughout their network it will find
the Internet, and his workers would waste time surfing the Internet.
Hence the solution I hope exist is some way of isolating the company
wide Intranet from the Internet by using some kind of Firewall, or
Filter. It would allow email from the Internet, but block access from
the Intranet to the Internet. Does anyone know of a product, or
solution that could do this? If so could you send me the email/http
address so I can formward this information on. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Mike Little.
'Knowledge is Power, yet Communicating Knowledge is True Power'.

Hyper Communications
1/36 Lusher Road Croydon 3136, Victoria, Australia
Tel. 61 (0)15 886 190(work); 61 (0)3 9722 9167(home); Fax. 61 (0)3 9722 9268
email: hypercom -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au; www: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hypercom/index.htm