Help with FrameMaker V5 Math Characters?

Subject: Help with FrameMaker V5 Math Characters?
From: Gregory Turnbull <Gregory -dot- Turnbull -at- UBS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:24:25 +0200

Hi, does anyone know how I can get an underscore character (_) into a
FrameMaker V5.x equation? FM keeps interpreting this as a keyboard
shortcut rather than a literal symbol. The _ character is not in the
equation symbols, and FM won't let me cut/paste this character from
elsewhere. Neither will it let me change to a symbol font so that I
can use another character that looks like an underscore. I am using
the [New] Century Schoolbook font (platform NT, Unix, or Mac), and
even tried to enter Alt 0xxx to get an extended ASCII character, but
that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. At the
moment I have changed T_FX_IssueCcy to TFxIssueCcy, which doesn't look
as good, and will probably upset the programmer.

Greg Turnbull, Tech. Writer, Treasury Supp. Dept., Union Bank of
Switzerland, in Zurich. Email: gregory -dot- turnbull -at- ubs -dot- com -dot-