Re: MS Word - Problems with Page numbers in Index

Subject: Re: MS Word - Problems with Page numbers in Index
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 11:09:52 -0700

>The page
>numbers are sometimes bold, with serif and sans serif fonts. Sometimes the >text
>is small, sometimes it's large. How do I fix this? I'm a MS Word newbie.

There are several causes for this problem. Maybe the index
tag is bold or italic... Easiest fix, as long as you don't
really have any specially-formatted index entries that you
need to preserve, is to select the whole index and press
Ctrl+Space. This handy-dandy little keystroke returns all
character formats to the default for the paragraph style
and is much more efficient than trying to fix each tag
that's misbehaving.

Hope this helps.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com