Anonymous request for help!

Subject: Anonymous request for help!
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 15:58:39 -0500

Long ago, I offered an "anonymous remailer" service to
members of copyediting-l and techwr-l: the idea is that
sometimes people want to get answers to questions that
might make their employers, colleagues, friends, etc.
uncomfortable. (Anyone can do this for you--I'm not the
official reposter--but I _did_ volunteer.)

Here's one such request:

************************************
Hello all--

Friday afternoon seems the right time for questions like
this.

If you were a tech writer who had impressed your managers
enough to be able to basically write your own job
description for your next position, what would you choose?
Moving to manage your group? Pulling away from writing to
do research on other technologies and media related to tech
writing? Would you just want to stay a tech writer?
What--if anything--would you avoid?

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas you can offer...

_Please_ send a copy of your response to me so I can
collate it for the anonyme (I may be unable to
monitor the list every day next week, and thus could
miss some responses); feel free to post a copy to the
list as well, because I'm sure others will be
interested too.