freelancing

Subject: freelancing
From: Noelle Conover <nconover -at- SGI -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 08:34:34 -0400

I am relatively new to this list and I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge
of the people who subscribe. There seem to be several experienced writers
out there. I am a freelance tech writer in Pittsburgh, where the job market
does not seem to be as healthy as the Bay area or the Boston area. Does
anyone have any suggestions for obtaining freelance work? Both of my
contracts in this area have resulted from networking with people I knew in
the industry. I am curious about the agencies that place contract
techwriters. I do not believe there are any in this area. Thanks, in advance
for your advice, and please respond off list!