Documentation Benchmarks

Subject: Documentation Benchmarks
From: "Nyman, Rikki" <Rikki -dot- Nyman -at- ALLIEDSIGNAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 16:44:00 -0700

I've been reading the posts about respect and the way we are perceived
by engineers and programmers, because it affects the way we do our work
and the collective value we can contribute as a group. As one writer in
our group put it, we seem to be looked upon as the Shoemaker's Elves
cobbling documents in the basement.

To change this perception, we have established a marketing group to
first find out (one more time!) what our customers need, what we as a
group can offer, and to benchmark **world-class** documentation so we
can assess ourselves more accurately.

Have any of you undertaken this kind of a process? Where do you start?

rikki
rikki -dot- nyman -at- alliedsignal -dot- com

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-