Re: Fittting text into a HTML page?

Subject: Re: Fittting text into a HTML page?
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- OCTONET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 09:03:17 -0700

At 04:19 PM 06-09-86 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanks David for you ideas and suggestions. I am using a page motif,
>because I want to organize my web site much like a reference library,
>containing books that you can refer to. My reasoning is that
>navigating through a library and down to anf through a book is a very
>familar naviagtion strategy. Setting up a standard "page'' in HTML
>would make it easier and faster for the reader to use. <snip>

This idea is interesting, but I think that you would still be better to
break your HTML pages into ideas, or topic headings rather than page breaks.
As long as the files are not too long, this would be less confusing for
readers - especially since they are less likely to be reading 'straight
through' in HTML. Readers are getting used a more circluar (or web like :)
way of organizing information. Unless you really beleive that your users
will have the same desktop / monitor / printer setup as you, and are likely
to be printing out every page for future reference, the hard page break
structure is limiting.

Ginna Watts
NetSnips Internet Clipping Service
http://www.octonet.com/NetSnips/